Sunday, September 3, 2006

Yes, it has once again been a long time in between posts. I've been busy with the new job at BigGreen, bringing the yard back to life after the summer heat almost killed it off, and spending as much time with the munchkins as I can.

The new job is quite a change from the old place. On my second day I was in a meeting where we were made aware of a problem and the proposed solution. Fine. I immediately went to the code I could access and formulated a plan in around fifteen minutes. When I asked when the fix needed to go in I was told December. Wow. I've been conditioned to answer a problem as fast as possible while at least one person stood over me and screamed. This is a really big change. I'm sure I'll be a better worker for it too.

Because of all the changes around here, I haven't had a chance to do much cooking at all and the items I do make are recycled recipes. Almost nothing new has come out of my kitchen lately. I intend to change that, though, with the latest book I have from the library. The Best Recipes in the World by Mark Bittman is a must read. I saw that without reading anything past the appetizers. The worldly finds are too good to pass up.

BTW, we have a new fence and a new bedroom set. Pics to follow as soon as I can get the digital camera hooked up to the new macbook pro. Can you say debt?